I am hoping I have learned something more about photography since I first bought my DSLR kit. That was nearly three years ago and I have been blogging my experience as I go. But *have* I learned anything? Is my composition better? Do I judge the light better? I know that having better kit is just a more expensive way of making average photos, but have I improved?
So here is what I want to do. Once a week I will post up an old image and assess and analyse it. Something along the lines of
– Kit I was using to take the image
– My level of experience at the time
– Thoughts on the quality of the image, composition, timing, processing, image quality
– What I would do differently now
– Does it still stand out as a good image 2 or 3 years later?
What I need help with is better questions for the assessment – what specifically makes a good image?
What questions should I be asking to help me learn and grow as a photographer?
Taken in 2006 in Kaikoura with my Canon S3IS – in Oct about two weeks after I first bought the camera 🙂