Yay its once more time for the One Four Challenge for Jan 2015 – if you are new to this, click on the link for all the info and details.
Because I have been suffering the Horrible Holiday Headcold, and doing some other things this kinda snuck up on me and I had NOT found an image to work with!!! Spending about an hour trolling through my archives got me this handsome fellow.
Post Processing Steps:
– processed the image in LR, global adjustments to WB, exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, clarity and saturation
– local adjustments to add a bit more texture to his head and wet chest feathers, and lightened up the eye colour a bit
– added a slight vignette
WEEK 1 CHALLENGE
– took base image into PS and added a coloured texture layer to enhance the colours, in overlay blend mode at 100% – I wanted a little bit more oomph to the colour.
– the texture file was actually stretched out bigger than the base layer to tone down the really dark edges and allow the duckling to be the point of interest and not overwhelm him
– wanted an extra little point of difference so added in the swirly edge decoration, which was colour adjusted first (was originally bright orange!) and blend mode overlay at about 45% opacity
Here is the LR adjusted Base image for comparison – this is not the RAW image file, as I use the processed image as the base for all my further post processing, so I choose to show you what I started with 🙂
Feedback, tips, tricks and comments all welcome!