After a long anticipated wait LR6 has been released a few days ago. I follow Victoria Bampton, the Lightroom Queen, and she has a LONG blog post about all the new features and everything you need to know.
The important things from my POV are:
– if you already own standalone versions on your PC you can still buy/upgrade those – but Adobe make it IMPOSSIBLE to find, but Victoria has the details on the link below
– I’m in NZ and I couldn’t buy it online but if you find a link to the real time chat, the people on the other end are AWESOME and really helpful, and I was able to buy my copy that way
– LR6 now has built in panorama features and I am really excited about that as I have several pano shots I have never processed because of the added level of difficulty
– LR6 is supposed to be a lot faster too
– if you bought LR5 sometime in the last few weeks, check with Adobe as you might qualify for a free upgrade
– there are new books and training courses for LR6 all over the place!
– there are improvement to editing functions with ND Grad filter esp, where you can mask out bits (like trees or mountains) that would normally have been effected – quite excited about that too!
Mine is installing now, quite excited! Stay tuned for hopefully some previously unseen pano images to be posted!