Life has got in the way of my art recently, with having to complete a big assignment for my study this semester, and also study for an exam in three weeks! Had major issues with sourcing my text book which caused added levels of stress.
However I did make time to enter this months One Photo Focus, where a group of us take the same image and put our own unique spin on how we edit it – details about the Challenge here.
This month I am showing two stages, the final image of course, but also for those interested, the image after I finished editing it in Lightroom, cos there is a LOT of difference and improvement between the original image and what my edited image looked like.
I have put the Original Raw and Edited images in a slideshow so you can see the comparison.
What I did in Lightroom:
– corrected for the lens
– lowered exposure a lot
– increased clarity- adj whites and blacks
– changed white balance to shade
– bumped up overall clarity
– lightened the shadows
– added a slight vignette
That was all global adjustments, I didn’t do any localised ones because my next step was to take the output from Lightroom into Photoshop and then play with some new Topaz filters I had downloaded on a free trial.
My final image was then edited in Topaz Glow – with one of the presets (that I’ve forgotten sorry) that I tweaked most of the settings on anyway to create my final image.
I like the textural, slightly elegant cartoon effect, how it picks up all the details and has a bit of a 3D look to the image.
Comments and feedback all welcome, of course!