I got 91% on my assignment which is great and I stayed for the full 3 hours in the exam – I finished in about 2 1/2 hrs but then took time to check and edit stuff. First time I have ever stayed in an exam the full time! I wrote HEAPS and my hand and arm are still aching.
Good news is I am now FREE to play and do FUN STUFF again!!!!
To celebrate I bought a huge texture pack for playing with digital art, its still downloading so while my computer was on I decided to play. The image above is a rather interesting chair designed in Italy and was on display and for sale at a large flower show I went to a couple of years ago.
I also took a closeup of the perfect round bottom and legs and feet and this is what it looks like now
1. Find the right image – harder than I expected, this was about my third go
2. Add the writing parchment layer – blended with linear burn at 99%
3. Add an dark orange grunge layer – blended with colour dodge at 52%
4. Add a grunge frame – by now around the edges of the chair were completely black and needed a little texturing, so I added in a Grunge Frame from Shadow House Creations – this is now Layer 2
5. Still wasn’t quite right so I bought in the same Grunge Frame, inverted it colourwise, turned it around so the textures were different – blended with Hard Mix at 27% – this is now Layer 3
(What were Layers 2 and 3 are now Layers 4 and 5)
I learned a new trick with this, you can have your File Directory open in a second window from PS and DRAG the file across! Not only that, you can tweak the settings to see if it works and then decide if it does or not. Much quicker way of dabbling with options than the other way I learnt! So many different ways to do things in PS
I like how its not entirely clear what you are looking at – I would have liked a little more definition down the lines of the calves and ankles. Possibly could paint a diffuse mask in around that area to soften the effect a bit?
LIKE IT? HATE IT? TELL ME ABOUT IT 🙂