It is the coldest day of the year so far I think, snow is in fact forecast to sea level tonight. Despite that I have the fire on, and the curtains shut most of the day so I could heat through to the bedroom where I have my big computer that gets used for Photoshop.
Been two weeks since I joined Awake Photoshop Artistry course, and I am champing at the bit to get started on the lessons!
So here is my Session 1 experiment – using the Urban Rain techniques
Post Processing Steps:
1. Find the black swan family image and output at large size
2. Trawl through course content to find two background images that I blended, and added a faint text layer over using a text brush on the right hand side
3. Add in a darker grunge edge – I think Katie Pertiet
4. Add in the swan layer and mask with black and paint in the swan with a grunge brush – have to be careful not to leave the hard edges of the image in the frame – blended with hardlight around 90%
5. Spend AGES trying to find some framing options, and eventually while looking in Awake course content I found this, again Katie Pertiet I think
6. Fluff around with layers and mask out the one of the background ones to get the true colour of the swan image coming through into the framing
7. Again fluff around for ages trying to find another accent to fill the top space of the image – find a brush that kinda fitted so I mirror imaged it coming in from both edges.
8. I didn’t feel the need for a colour pop as the very dark swan with the red beak and eye already provides that IMHO
9. Decide after an hour and a half working that its as done as its likely to be!
This creative stuff is hard work! Like it? Don’t Like it?
All feedback and suggestions for improvement welcome!