Hopefully its taking a photo and turning it into art, hence the name 🙂
This is an Australian Wedgetail Eagle I took at Currumbin back in 2011, I was inspired by some magnificent raptor images from Suesy Fulton in one of my texture FB groups and I knew I had these images in my archives.
Post Processing Steps:
- Masked out the background of the bird in ReMask and tidied up in a layer mask in PS
- Duplicated the layer and ran through Impression for the painted look and blended into background with a layer mask
- Blended painted layer over original and blended into background with a layer mask
- Bought in a Daily Texture background and fiddled with its placement til it worked
- Fiddled with the eagle colour tonings a bit til they had a richness and similarity to the background
- Duplicated the background and blended in with soft light to tonally even out the image
- Added a Native American saying
- Added a faint grunge framing for a bit of textural interest and vignette effect.
Here is the original image for comparison
But it lacks the WOW factor, and the Photo Art version has more of that in my opinion.
Do you agree? Disagree? Love to hear why!