The always difficult Week 3 of the One Four Challenge is upon us – last week’s effort was a bit average due to severe sleep deprivation. I am not any less sleep deprived this week but more determined to make a good showing 🙂
I have used the Anna Aspnes style and elements from her Art Play kits that we got as part of our Awake content, a different colour tone to the lighthouse image I posted yesterday.
Click on the image to view the large version
Post Processing Steps:
1. First I did a watercolour painting of the duckling
2. Created a new image and started to bring the Art Play elements in to build up an interesting textural background.
3. Bought the duckling in – this is in fact the THIRD version of this image, my first had the duckling duplicated and was too intense, the second had too much green background included and hopefully the third is just right 🙂 I masked it so that the shape of the duckling was emphasised and stronger.
4. Spent AGES playing around with various embellishments and settled on this ivy strand, with a drop shadow for depth and then finally this white butterfly carefully perched on the ivy, also with a drop shadow.
5. Cropped to a square shape and added one more bit of gesso to cover up some black splotches in the background
6. Imported a cream textured background and blended in via soft light to even out the colour tonings.
This is a different style for the challenge, where the challenge image is used as part of a composite.
Does this style work for you? Like it? Don’t? Tell me all about it!