Bought some fresh plums and poached in a cinnamon sugar syrup. Reduced the syrup down until thick.
This is a new pie dish I got recently, its a small one but fits well into frame and therefore looks much bigger.
Got some frozen pre made flaky pastry, left out in the sun to thaw.
Lined dish with a layer of pastry, added fruit and sauce, and carefully cut and assembled the lattice. Brushed with egg and baked.
A dollop of greek yoghurt on top to finish – possibly a bit heavy on the drops and drizzles and it ran down, just making the plate look dirty instead. Lesson learned!
Finally THE CLOSE UP!!
What I Learned In This Shoot:
1. Don’t line the dish with pastry too, it wont cook.
2. My oven is still a bit hot – this puffed well and browned up but wasn’t properly cooked through.
3. Reduce your sauce even more, the juice in the fruit will dilute it.
4. Look at that gorgeous colour!
5. I need nicer plates – this is too plain.
6. Greek yoghurt is very white but holds its shape much better than whipped cream and doesn’t melt over everything. Useful standin!
7. I shot tethered and spent time looking at the images and still missed a damn cat hair on the pastry *sigh*
8. Wear your glasses !
9. I shot this nearly in the dark and you would never know – OMG I love my flash and softbox!
10. Coffee crystals AKA big sugar granules look FAB!
It was over 30 deg and my dedication to my craft was such, I still baked this LOL