I am excited to finally have time to enter into the lovely Stacy Fischer’s After Before Friday 31 Challenge where we all use the same image, some fabulous rusted old trucks captured by Emilio Pasquale who I met in the One Four challenge.
Post Processing Steps:
– the before image had basic processing in LR – changed to daylight white balance, tweaked highlights contrast vibrance and clarity a bit
– was cropped at top and bottom and also had perspect adjustment applied
Jumping over to PS
-the after image has the trucks processed in Nik Color Efex with a Bleach Bypass and added detail and then a sepia toning added
– next add the US map layer and then it was colour adjusted to the same sepia tone
– created a mask for the map layer and brushed through around the edges of the car
– finally a grunge texture added to aged the whole image added in and blended with overlay mode and opacity at 63% – just enough to age it and even out the tones across the whole image
Its my first go at the AB Challenge and I am a bit nervous seeing as I recently enrolled in the Photoshop Artistry Fine Art Grunge course and this is my first REAL go at actually using the techniques. A month ago I didn’t know how to do ANY of these techniques and I wanted a way of portraying both the age of the old trucks and their unique US heritage.
Thoughts, Feedback, Tips, Tricks and Comments all welcome!