My first entry for the weekly AB Friday Challenge – woohoo! This is the AFTER image above.
This image is of Passage Peak on Hamilton Island in Australia where I went recently for a conference. Because we were 3 hours behind NZ it turned out sunrise was at a civilised time for my morning hating body and I got up to see a couple of sunrises with my camera.
This was the last morning and it was very windy so there was a lot of cloud in the sky.
Post Processing steps:
1. Import RAW file into LR5 and set lens corrections, straighten horizon and crop image.
2. Adjust WB, contrast, highlights, shadows and whites, adding a touch of clarity and vibrance globally
3. Bring in a ND grad filter on the sky, bring exposure and highlights down, contrast and shadows up, add more clarity and saturation.
4. Darken the orange hue to pick up the colour in the clouds
5. Add a touch of pink/purple split toning to pick up the pink tones in the clouds better
That was it, all done in LR5 🙂
Here is the BEFORE unprocessed RAW file.
All comments and feedback welcome! Isn’t it exciting what you can do when processing a RAW file?